Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Sinner

Hold my hand
Google Images
between the sun,
and your skin.
mercy might know,
we are lust.

Face the fact,
we are the damned.
with blood dripping,
from our souls.
We bash our heads in.
Laughing at the sight.
Lost morals,
when we ate flesh.
oozing death,
we wipe it clean.
Pray you know,
your sin is forgiven.
The lesson we learn.
vanished in meditation.
ever silence of the brilliant soul.
you cannot change the world,
if you crawl in filth and hate.

I hate you,
because you are me.
I want to know you,
as we are one.
Love the light of sun.
My hand the touch,
when you knew no one.
I am the calm in your storm,
Only I know you, Love.






9 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Sharp images. And "you cannot change the world, if you crawl in filth and hate" says it all. Well done.

Drizel said...

Thank you David :)

the walking man said...

Even lust has its place in the pantheon of human desire. No never CRAWL in the filth and hate to change the world but one can not change anything from afar.

Good timing in this poem Driz, really establishes a cadence early on that carries right through.

Brian Miller said...

I hate you,
because you are me.
I want to know you,
as we are one....nice...i like the whole back and forth love/hate thing you have going on in this...as that is reality...the line that david points out as well is my fav in the piece...

Charles Gramlich said...

Many it seems do not want to change the world from filth and hate. But poetry uplifts us all

Drizel said...

Walking man, lust does have its place but seldom ends well if that's all one has. If we change ourselves we start somewhere....and thanks so much, my poetry often has a melody in my mind. :)
Thanks Brian I think the whole back and forth between love and hate is my thing...hihihi..
Charles you speak truth. :)

Drizel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Drizel, the first three lines alone are so visual, as is the rest of the poem. Fine work.

Mario Martinez said...

Hi Drizel! Stopped by to catch up. Your words are art and with the eye of a photographer you capture a snapshot of the heart.