Friday, December 02, 2011

16 days of activism against woman and child abuse - Are you breathing?



Can you hear me,
scream down the walls,
of lust and hate.
That binds me to you.
Beat my brains in.
Burn my skin off.
Rape my soul,
until nothing is left,
to share with the world.

falling between,
doors in rooms.
Endless fear,
punch me down.
gasping for air,
a fish out of water.
no bird in the sky.

Are you breathing?
Is she really dead?
realize again,
you do not deserve
scars on your bones,
or blood on your soul.


# SPEAK OUT.  16 days of activism against woman and child abuse.
If you know of abuse and not speak out, you too are guilty too.

7 comments:

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

I can't even choose one single line from the entire post that I can consider the best. Everything here is spot on, Drizel.

I suppose there is more on FB, but why the odd number, 16 days?

Drizel said...

Thanks Wayne.

I am actually not even sure why 16?

the walking man said...

The 16 Days of Activism for No Violence Against Women and Children is an international campaign. It takes place every year from 25 November (International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women) to 10 December (International Human Rights Day). The period includes Universal Children’s Day and World AIDS Day.


You know that I never stay silent any time of the year Driz. Fear promotes not only the abuse and the abusers staying in the situation but also the silence. Even if it costs me my life but saves the life of a child then you know I consider it worth it.

Drizel said...

Ahhh thanks my friend, you speak the truth, I forgot that's how it works.
I knew it was international.
One should never be silent you and I both knows the black hole it leaves in that souls life, and the pit of nothing in society.
HUGZ:)

Charles Gramlich said...

A great cause.

Tadoette said...

awesome!

Drizel said...

:)