Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hide

Never think of the times hate was your daily feeling, the sore wounds bashed open day after day. You try and forget and they say time heals all wounds. Who are they to know how you will heal.

Sometimes unseen from your eyes, the hand goes to those old scabs and scrape them till they bleed. Blood stains the pale skin around it and blood drip in slow motions to the floor.

The red brings relieve but with it the knowledge of an open wound embrace your mind. Franticly try to sweep everything under the rug, hide the truth from the world, wipe the blood from the floor. These are things you know so well. The memories of that time haunts your thoughts.

As the blood dries up and a new scab forms you find renewed strength to continue the daily journey, pushing everything that shaped you to the back of your mind.

Will I still be me if I was never, you know, if I was never taken?
Not taken from my parents in the dark of night, but taken from myself for everyone to see. The moments that shape you, is the moments that will forever hate you.

10 comments:

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Wonderfully written, easily visualized. Sometimes I think you've stolen my eyes for a few seconds.

Drizel said...

:) Thanks Wayne I try and steal everyones eyes:) HUGZ

Celeste said...

Thats beautifully written, Drizel xxx

Drizel said...

Thank you very much Celeste:)

laughingwolf said...

life is, too often, harsh... yet we prevail, in hopes of bettering it for our offspring....

Craftsman of light said...

Strong emotions, words wild as the lions in south Africa....i've peeked into some of your poetry....so many voices beckoning me.
Drizel, i hear the stories in these storms....i see them open the sky.

Thanks for coming on my blog and leaving your appreciations, actually i write more regularly on my other blog.
i'm glad you found your path toward me.

LLOYD said...

wow!..so sorry driz..i haven't dropped by your blog for a long time..it's nice to see you're redecorating your spot on the web..i like it!! as always your visuals are always spot on with the words that accompany them!..awesome!!

Drizel said...

Yes Wolf very true:)
Pleasure Craftsman, and thank you for the kind words:)
No Problem Lloyd, and thank you :)

Ella Blue said...

Definitely got caught up in this one. You are a blessing and a gift.

Drizel said...

Thanks Ella, appreciated:)