Thursday, July 03, 2008

I could have loved you all day


release you now,
if only I can.
You are invested in me.
cared for in every curve,
stuck in heart felt
pain.

gave it all up,
to get a broken heart.
turn my head,
but your in my mind.
you were the one,
you said goodbye.
felt like a solid kick.
broke every pain I knew;
to make space for new heartache
on my mind.

been nearly a year,
how do you say goodbye?
to the one you loved.
I been way down,
I been so sad,
wish I can just erase
the love I feel.
does it take a lifetime of laughter,
to wipe out this broken heart?

you ignore me now,
turn away when I call your name.
do you know it still breaks my heart.
I still smell you in my mind.
Still feel you down my curves,
all that's left is my broken heart.

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Very nice. One grammatical thing. The "your" in the second stanza should be "you're" for you are. But that's a minor quibble. I like this a lot. Strong.

Steve Malley said...

Loss is part of love. None of us like it, but from your losses you make something beautiful.

Nice job!

etain_lavena said...

Thank you Charles, My best friend always moan about my grammer, not to use it as an excuse but it is my second language, thank you for the feedback, love it.
Thanks Steve, I guess if I had a new bf by now it would not have mattered :), anyhoo.
Thank you:)

bernard n. shull said...

hi mate, this is the canadin pharmacy you asked me about: the link

Susan Miller said...

etain, have you been asking about canadian pharmacies? hmmmmm...

anyway, your work is always such a pleasure to view...loss, love...whatever the issue you translate it so well.

thank you for sharing it.

etain_lavena said...

hey susan Thank you.....yes gosh I so want to just walk into a candian pharmacy.....it will take me a botu a week to get there but lets do et:)