Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Taste death


Smaak dood.

Stadig teen die swart maan.
bont geel sterre.

sweefend los.

van die lewelose lyk,
teen geel horisone.
drome vas gelê.

Niks kan red,
geen keuse in kleur, alles
gelos
in geur.
Swart rou.
blou geslaan.
verkrag die rooi son,
stil tot die dood in groen.
gras rus.

Ligaamlike funksie dood,
verewig.
Siels genot altyd verspot,
as jy grys, huil
teen blou lug.
Slyk is groen, glyende
massa.
tot jy,
rus
in die donkerpoele.
dood jou vind.

Taste death


Slowly against the black moon.
multi yellow stars.

gliding loosely.

from the lifeless corpse.
against yellow horizons.
dreams rest.

Save nothing,
No choice in colour, everything
lost in flavours.
Black mourning.
Bruised blue,
rape the red sun.
silent,
death in green.
grass rest.

Body function dead.
always,
souls pleasure always obscure.
if you cry, in
grey against blue skies.
slime is green,
slippery
mass.
till you rest in dark pools.
where death finds you.

13 comments:

Amilcar de Leòn said...

... The black messiah is coming

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

I like the phrase no choice in colours, but you know I like every word, maikiie, right?

etain_lavena said...

Ok Amilcar...good for you!

Yes Maaikie I know, but always good to hear it...hihih....HUGZ

Nosjunkie said...

Your verry into the tast touch smell feel thing right now hey?

good one hun

Charles Gramlich said...

Excellent use of color. Fascinating picture as well.

etain_lavena said...

Yes Nos I guess so, I am just feeling pain in so many things now.
Thanks Charles.

M@ said...

Etain Lavena,

It seems that you have "fetishized" the slow process of death....

etain_lavena said...

Gosh Matt seem that way hey....freaky, but thas me I guess:)

Gremlin said...

Fantastic Drizzy...

Fantastic like always, I love the way you write, I can almost feel it.

etain_lavena said...

Thanks Grem:)

eric1313 said...

Hello, Etain!

I've seen you around at Susan Miller's blog (I miss her too!), but this is my first visit at your blog.

I loved this poem. Especially the black moon, yellow stars line. The imagery your present is wonderful. And the picture is also nice.

Peace out!

Katie McKenna said...

awareness is a gift to be embraced...
regardless of the object. You make it real.

Thank you!

etain_lavena said...

thank you Katie...I feel it real:)