Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Swart Reën/ Black rain


Swart Reën

Sag as die water loop,
oor strate en spore van niks.
luister die fluister is sag,
glad nie soet nie.
dis iets wat my seer maak,
soos rou wonde in die son bak.
die stank is sterk,
saggies kan ek opstaan;
uit stof wolke van reën.

Black Rain

soft as the water flows,
over streets and tracks of nothing.
listen the wisper is soft,
not at all sweet.
this is something that hurts me,
like open wounds baking in the sun.
the stench is strong,
soflty I will stand up;
out of dustclouds of rain.

5 comments:

Nick said...

Gorgeous writing. Check me out if you have time and let me know what you think. Honesty please. I am sharing my writing for the first time.

Charles Gramlich said...

"Dust clouds of rain" is a great line. Beautiful imagery here. What's this I hear about a tattoo?

etain_lavena said...

ok Nick I will check it, thanks for coming by:)
Thanks Charles....YES..I got a tattoo:)....check on my other blog...whahahaha:)

Rose Dewy Knickers said...

Hey chickie.

If you want to link this poem to Poetry Thursday, the post there will be live after eight a.m. your time in England on Thursday. :)

Luffies

Rose

xo

etain_lavena said...

thank you Rosie. will do so tommorow night.
Luffies