Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mouldering


I wrote this a while back, just took one word from the Oxford dictionary. How did I decide which word? I just opened the book, pointed my finger and here it is!!
I have edited it a little bit...seeing that I did change allot since this was written....its about 4 months old:)

Mouldering:

All will fade in time.

My words wont be spoken,
my voice will slip away.
soft like death.
i will fade into history.
nothing much that a story,
that someone once left in glory.

I wish to be heard;
from now until eternity,
Where ever that might be.

Alas,
I have no child to read to.

I have no husband to hold on to.

I have my fading words.
my strong voice,
hear me now,
it will echo into distance.
it will not fade,
mouldering pages.
of my life.

we get born,
to die.
or do we live,
to love.
I will not disintegrate;
I will not fade away;
you will read these words.
you will hear my voice;
I am not a shadow.

9 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Mouldering is a great word and you've written a fine poem around it.

etain_lavena said...

Thank you Charles:)

Brian said...

(((((Etain)))))

You are heard my friend.

etain_lavena said...

aaahhhh Brian...thanks my friend:)

M@ said...

you're a strange chick

Inconsequential said...

Sooo, you've change?
So now you're married with a child?

Busy girl etain :)

There is no eternity or if there is it's only now, and now again, and now, now, now...
I hear you now. So I hear you for eternity. You are in my head evermore.

I can feel the scars....

etain_lavena said...

ja matt, we know im am crazy!!!
aahhhh in thats so kewl...nope not married, no kids as yet...hhihihih:)

Kate S said...

What a great word to find at random, and you did a wonderful job, Etain. (as always!) :)

etain_lavena said...

thanks kate:)