Sunday, June 03, 2007

not knowing what to say.


slow between words.
soft against skin,
broken into breast.
knowing where to go,
when lips move in to touch.

I am yours in minutes,
we stole them yesterday.
I am not forgiven,
if I steal you away today.

I know I am nothing in the universe,
but I can be someone to you.
I can take care where life has left you,
I can heal the wounds that was left open.

I want you
today,
to be there for me in the morning
I might know nothing.
crazy are the words I am.
sometimes I am broken.
black is the night,
we met and stayed.
I want you to make my day.

If you need me to be yours,
I am here to stay.

Photo by Trent(alias)

9 comments:

Inconsequential said...

sometimes I am broken

mostly not even sometimes...

fun piece.

enjoyed, as usual.

etain_lavena said...

thank you In:)

Sunny Gecko said...

hey girl,

you know every time i read your work i get goosebumps...

mwah

etain_lavena said...

Hey chicky.
Thank you kindly:)

Charles Gramlich said...

Great poem, etain. I always enjoy your language.

etain_lavena said...

Thank you Charles:)

Steve Malley said...

Stirring...

Lovely...

Touching.

Susan Miller said...

Its almost as if you create an image without even creating an image. This seems to construct a form for feeling.

Yearning.

I am always amazed by your talent, etain.

etain_lavena said...

Great words there Steve....its what I felt...
Yes Susan I am yearning....and blush...thanks!!!