Tuesday, April 03, 2007

soft wisper


My face is covered with something; it smells of blood and oil. My hands are so tightly tied that I cannot even move my fingers. Maybe I don’t even have fingers anymore. I am seated on a chair and it is very cold in here. Where is here?
I try to move the chair from side to side; don’t know if it will help if I fall on my side.

The chair must be bolted to the floor it is not moving at all. I am so cold; this place has frost in the air.

Maybe I must see if I can loosen my feet, then at least I can stand up. Feel my way around the place. My feet are bare; I can feel wetness against my legs. I remember now I am still in my short sleep shirt, that’s when he just flew in. He was huge and he had a light brown leather mask on. It had teeth protruding, I am not sure if it was his own teeth or part of the mask. He was too big and strong for me to fight, he seeped me up like a tiny ant. I pull myself back to my current reality; the stench of this mask is suffocating me. I listen to hear if I can understand my surroundings. There is something dripping close by, maybe a tap? I turn my attention to a distant scream, it might be an animal or it can be a human scream. It is so faint and my heavy breathing is disguising the sound. I am so cold, where am I? Who is the giant with the leather mask?

I hear a door sliding open it sounds metal and very heavy. Footsteps walk to my left and then behind me.
“Hello, anybody there” my voice soft and filled with my racing breath.
A hand rest on my shoulder and then the hand takes my hair. Who ever it is smells my hair. I get a chill and try and pull away, the hand pulls me back by my hair. I out a soft moan.
“What do you want from me?”
The person says nothing; the hand pulls the blood and oil smelling cloth from my face.

Around me hang bodies, human bodies! Blood drips from some of them, the others are in decay. The smell is revolting and strong, I want to look away but my eyes need to see the images.

The person still behind me I can not turn to see. I throw up, a mans voice laugh load and heavy behind me….

14 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

You have a nice ear and eye for the telling detail. I can really visualize your scenes.

Claudia said...

that is some serious stuff there and the detail you put into it is amazing.

Inconsequential said...

writing about your sex life again Etain....

:)

cool stuff, enjoyed this snippet.

etain_lavena said...

thanks you Charles, I try and say what I see and feel:)
thanks Claudia:0)
Ahhhh In you so found me out...whahhahaah...not...thanks In:)

Susan Miller said...

This is so vivid. I love your description and how you take me to your scene. Way to go, etain.

etain_lavena said...

Thank you kindly Susan:)....

Brian said...

The stuff of nightmares... and best selling novels. :)

etain_lavena said...

aahhhhh Brian:)

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

very good detail, etain. when you get to london start making these story-length and SELL them for $$$$$$$$$ :)

etain_lavena said...

Yes I will do just that...thanks Wayne:)

Donsie said...

ja wel wat kan ek se, mmmm ek sal nie so 'n droom wil he nie, wat nog dit in realiteit beleef. VERY WELL WRITTEN!!!

etain_lavena said...

dankie Donsie...:)

Lucas Pederson said...

Vividly horrifying! I loved it!!!

etain_lavena said...

Thank you Lucas...I try;)