Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Birthdays


Tomorrow I turn thirty and I keep thinking back to my third birthday.

It was a sunny day and as always mom dressed me in my cute sun clothes. I had my sun hat on and it was time for my party. Friends streaming through the front door like little soldiers, brining packages with the most gorgeous colours and pictures on. I understood the torture of wanting to open presents no matter for who it was, it was a present and it needed unwrapping.
The tables where decorated with pink and purple table cloths and teddy bears every where. Streamers from the roof and balloons, how I loved balloons. Mom would always give me one and I would kick and throw it around for hours. When it eventually popped I would jump up from the fright I got and mom would come and scoop me up in her arms. She would give me another balloon once I calmed down.

Cupcakes and sweets, cheese curl, ice cream, jelly tots, little biscuits with faces. Orange, yellow, green, red, purple cool drink in teadybear cups. Tooters to blow on, hats for all my friends, we looked like and army of fun. We played and ate sweeties, our hyperactivity growing. Running round and round the house, playing princess in my new doll house that granddad made for me. I opened my presents I got teddy bears and dolls, colouring books, oil crayons. How I loved every moment, my friends faces gleaming with delight and pleasure.
Mom and Dad also smiled and enjoyed every minute. All my friends parents where also playing with us. What a glorious, colourful, happy day. I will never forget that day.

Well I am older now, wiser, life seems so simple when you turn three all you need to do is have fun and eat and laugh, and cry occasionally.

My body is frail and thin now; I am weak as I lie here in hospital.
It’s been six months till they diagnosed the cancer in my colon.
They say I might not make summer.
My little girl turns three then, I hope I live to see that colourful happy day.

11 comments:

Donsie said...

well well well... you are just a few months older than me... did not know that!!!
Enjoy your bday and I hope your trip is a wonderfull experience!!!

etain_lavena said...

neeeee neeee it's fiction, its not me......I am way younger....thanks I appreciate the whishes for my trip:)

Rose Dewy Knickers said...

((((Etain)))

Be safe on your trip and I hope that all your dreams come true. :)

Rose

xo

etain_lavena said...

Thanks Rosy my friend:)

Matt said...

I THOUGHT you were "way younger" than thirty!

Charles Gramlich said...

Ah, very sad.

etain_lavena said...

whahahahah.,....I am Matt, I am....whahahaha....
Yes Charles:(

matthew said...

truth cannot be found where self-deception exixts;those who search through the medium of sincerity will find their goal.x

Rose Dewy Knickers said...

(((((Etain))))

Be one with the all.

Rose

xo

etain_lavena said...

Yes Matthew:)
I will try Rosy:)

Graffiti said...

Ok, so you are way younger than 30........

and the magic number is!!!!

Hope you still blog whlie you are away.

Graffiti