Friday, March 16, 2007

wait a while


Jy het my nie gebel nie, ek het heeldag gewag. So siek om baie te verwag van jou, ek weet jy gaan my teleurstel. Ek sal net hier le en wag, wag vir beter dae. Ek weet ek is nie jou eerste keuse nie, maar ek is ook nie jou laaste nie. Genade as mens dink jy wen dan het jy lankal verloor. Hoekom, bel jy nie?
Ek is moeg gewag, uitgeput van le en wag. Miskien moet ek bietjie uitgaan. Se nou jy bel as ek weg is, en ek mis jou oproep? Wat dan? Ek dink ek sal nog 'n rukkie wag.


You never phoned, I have waited all day. I am so tired of waiting for you, I know you will disappoint me. I will lie here and wait, for better days. I know I am not your first choice, but I am not your last choice either. Goodness, you think you win then you have lost a long time ago. Why, don't you phone?
I am tired of waiting, exhausted from lying here waiting. Maybe I should go out a bit. Just now you phone and I miss your call. Then what? I think I will wait a little while longer.

13 comments:

Inconsequential said...

Lol, I did that once in my youth.
Waiting for a return call from a girl, geez what a dumb fuck I was, how obvious in hind sight that see was never gonna call, I was all dressed up, and no where to go...

Excellent piece. Such a memory jogger, brings back the smell of roast pork and gasoline when I torched her house the next day...(Joke)

Inconsequential said...

goddam typo - see = she
i is sooo stupid

Donsie said...

Why be so stupid waiting for a man??? Come on girl - that is such a waste of time!!!
While you are on your bed waiting the right man is walking past your house and you MISS him.
PLEASE DONT DO THIS TO YOURSELF! You will be dust in your grave and still be waithing - WHAT A WASTE!!!

etain_lavena said...

whahahahahaha....IN that is so funny...you crack me up:)

etain_lavena said...

NO NO....I am not waiting for anybody donsie.....fiction....I saw the pic and I wrote something that fits the pic....hihi...I AM NOT WAITING.....hihih...thanks for careing...HUGZ:)

Susan Miller said...

Waiting can be growing, too. It can be not putting ourselves out there for a while because we need to be alone. It can be those moments in between when we need to take a break. Waiting can be our excuse for simply enjoying nothing more than what we have. The joy of waiting.

Nice picture and, as always, I enjoy your interpretations. They inspire me.

etain_lavena said...

yes susan I am now in that in between state, everybody needs it:)
Thanks for stopping by:)

Ps said...

Too good.I loved this post of yours.Loved the picture too.This is what can be defined as "damned if you do--and damned if you don't"!! Reminds me of the U2 song "with or without you"

Ps said...

A request--would love to mail this post to a friend--please add a link that enables mailing the post easily..

etain_lavena said...

Ja PS,thats true.....with or without you....my word...so irronic....fun times:)

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Nice words to draw from the photo, to mix verbs. I am also glad you are posting back in Afrikaans and English, I'll tell Charles Garmlich. Trust me, you can leave the house and you'll not miss my call, its quite a bit of $$$ from Chicago :P

etain_lavena said...

whahahahah...ja Wayne, funny bunny:)

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

just looking for a new posting. here at work. see you in your next posting, ha ha.