Monday, March 19, 2007

Lila: Heart of the beast


“Run they are coming for us” his voice deep and filled with fear.
People are running in all directions, chickens are flying bewildered among them. Pigs and goats are chased into their camps; kids are swooped up in the chaos.
Snorting beasts can be heard in the distance, they are strong and fears and the earth trembles with each step they give. Their riders are mocking them, forcing them forward, to the feeding frenzy.

The villagers always knew the day Gargar heard of their village, they would get an army together and come kill them all. It was a silent knowledge they all just kept in their hearts. This day is now here, a thick fog runs before the Gargar army. The Gundelouts* are running forward and they are spitting fire in anticipation. The young men of the village knew nothing of fighting they stood at the village gates pale and fragile awaiting there death.
Gargar’s prince, Gregor, was leading the pack of killers; he knew his army would sweep across the silent village of Zanion in one fears movement. He loved the smell of burning flesh, the sweet sensation filling his lungs; it was like an ecstasy of the greatest pleasure.
His army was thundering behind him and he felt like a King, and he will soon be King, his father is so weak and pathetic.

All the villagers hid their kids in under ground tomes, and they stood bravely before the city as the black fog and thundering foot steps where drawing closer, they knew they had to defend what they had. The young Lila was standing with them she was a young witch and knew only a few spells, but the strength in her heart held her bonded next to everybody. The elders told her to go hide with the kids they can use her later to rebuild the city; she will be of no use to them dead. She was adamant that no one will die today.

*Gundelouts: huge fire spitting monsters, they are like the horses of the Gargar army. They have huge, sharp yellow teeth, and their paws are a meter in diameter. They are extremely muscular and strong, they eat humans.

17 comments:

Brian said...

Cool story, is this one you have been working on? I like it. :)

Glad you had a successful Poetry Thursday debut.

Hope you have good week.

etain_lavena said...

thanks Brian...no it is not the actual story I am working on, just thought about it this morning:)

Charles Gramlich said...

Good setup. I like it.

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

hey, thats right. glad poetry thursday worked out. charles said it best, nice set up, you can run with it. as far as another hemisphere.

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

look at that, me and gramlich 24 hours apart. time is indeed broken.

etain_lavena said...

Thanks Charles.
Checked Wayne, and thanks:)

Christina said...

This has a good start. I love those quick moments of inspiration when great paragraphs come to mind. To bad I never have a pen ready, but I'm thinking about carrying a tape recorder around. Like that won't be awkward on an elevator...

etain_lavena said...

I use my cell phone and save my ideas on there. I have written poetry while headbanging...written stories while in traffic....one can never miss a word:)

Marra said...

And this is why I would buy your books. I want a Gargar...I like the Gargar. I share the ecstasy of burning burning flesh.

Gregor is bad...
Story good...

Best buy on all blogs today...!

etain_lavena said...

whahahahahah....Parratjie:)

Claudia said...

cool story. I hope we get to read more!

Susan Miller said...

Young Lila rocks! I love cool, determined women and would definitely read more of this story. Great work, etain!

etain_lavena said...

Hey Claudia and Susan thanks for your comments, I did not even think of this as a longer story, but it can actually become a very long deep story...will have to write more about it:)

Inconsequential said...

:) i've been busy...

This is quite good :)
you gonna expand it?

etain_lavena said...

I might In...I willthink about it....:)
Thanks for stopping by:)

Lucas Pederson said...

Very nice. I really liek this. Do you plan on developing it further?

etain_lavena said...

hey Lucas, yes I might:)