Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Help a soul


Tears streams down his 13 year old face. All he wished for was that he could be heard, when he cried at night. He wishes he could have been seen by my parents all he really need is love. He puts the gun in his mouth, his hands small and shaky. He pulls the trigger. Blood colours the wall in a pale pink, it runs down the wall and rests on the floor next to his lifeless body.


Another failed relationship, everybody she knows is married with at least one child. Her time has come and gone she is beyond depression. She lies in a tub filled with water. The razor blade resting on the side of the tub, calling her closer. The pain is soft and fast, blood rushing from her wrist. As the water turns a pale pink, she sinks into the warmness. Al she wanted was love or someone to talk to, but when no one listens what can one do?


It went worse since he lost his job, he could not support his family anymore. He tried so hard to find another job, but no one would employ a man in his mid 50’s. He started to drink too much, he tries to cope best he could. She always nags, try harder, you need to support this family or we would loose everything we worked so hard for. She just did not listen and kept quite, and he hit her, he gave the love of his life, his soul mate a black eye. The gas fills his lungs, he feel so tired; he sees a pale pink of clouds calling him closer. His eyes so heavy, he slips into a deep sleep, in his car filled with gas brought there by a pipe in the exhaust.


Dan from the bla bla Blog is doing something nice for suicide victims, yes fine they want to kill themselves, but if you have no one to turn to what do you do?
He only asks for a donation, he will be walking trough Manhattan.

Click on the link to make a donation and find out a bit more. He is the guy smiling:
http://www.theovernight.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=extranet.personalpage&confirmid=10007843

22 comments:

Inconsequential said...

something nice for suicide victims?
what? he's buying flowers for the grave?

guess I'd better go look at his site before I get too facetious...

Oh, enjoyed the pieces though :)
very good, did a bath poem and a gun poem a while back, haven't done a gas one yet, but did do hanging :) oh, and a jump...

etain_lavena said...

I wanted to just do 3, a child an young person and an older person..:)
gosh In you write alot:)
I wana giggle for your first two statements but I wont....*BITE LIP*

Cocaine Jesus said...

smack inconsequentials bum somebody. (i had to laugh though).
good writing etain. i like powerful emotions and thoughts given vent via words.

etain_lavena said...

Thanks jesus...I try to capture emotions in words, it is sometimes hard...:)

Brian said...

I would say great writing. As someone who's thoughts often stray to death, I can understand the forces that drive people to kill themselves.

etain_lavena said...

I guess I know how it feels cause I have also have those ideas:)

miss magic said...

sigh. suicidees (is that what you call people who kill themselves???? :S ) make me so sad. just lives wasted!

etain_lavena said...

I dont know what is is called Miss, but yes it is sad:(

Charles Gramlich said...

I've always been interested in how many writers and poets commit suicide. One of my favorite writers is Robert E. Howard, who shot himself at age 30 when by all objective accounts he was at the height of his powers. Great post.

Dan said...

Etain, thanks for doing this. You're a sweetheart.

etain_lavena said...

Charles, that is very true, one of my fav poets, walked into the ocean when she was very young, and she was so brilliant...it it very sad.

It is my pleasure Dan..:)

Matt said...

Jesus Christ.

Okay, somehow this was entertaining. :)

~Deb said...

Excellent cause he's doing this for. People miss the most important signs of when someone is suicidal. I know, because I was once there myself.

Interesting post!

etain_lavena said...

Matt your a bit weird, but thats kewl...one of the reasons I like you around and reading your blog.Most ppl where there, I for one was very close more than once.
Thanks Deb:)

Inconsequential said...

I know it's not true in all cases, but some of us have a choice to make now and then, and the option to end it all is part of that.

Should I not be allowed to end it all if I want? Most of us live in 'free' contries, so why should I not kill myself if thats what I want?
What right has anyone to take away my choices?

Too many people stick there big noses in to many other peoples business...

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

hello, etain. charles will know what i say here, about karl edward wagner drinking himself to death at the age of 48, a master of writing, the guy who pretty much discovered me for the rest of the literary world to see. i cannot joke about suicide, its good that you bite your lip at commenting. there's a good reason i do not joke. i've had my moments.

etain_lavena said...

In I hear what you are saying fully, but some ppl do want help.....so for them there will be help.......if one made your choice it is one's own to make.....nobody is ever completely free:)

etain_lavena said...

Wayne,We have all had our days all of us, does not mean we cant laugh at ourselves....I laugh at my silly ideas all the time, it is what keeps me sain:)

Donsie said...

Suicide is not something you understand until you consider it. Sometimes it is only a cry for help - those normaly fail. But those that does not fail... if life gets the best of you... what can you do...

etain_lavena said...

yes Donsie, true..

Marra said...

Hmmmm...I'd rather give me msn info, or mail info, so that they can talk to me. Sorry, brilliant blog but I do not give money. I'd rather buy a bread then give them cold hard cash...

I will gladly make myself available.
Hope he's doing well!

etain_lavena said...

Thanks boetie, ek ook nie geld nie, dis hoekom ek maar so biki so try help:)