Sunday, March 04, 2007

bloei hier/bleed here


This was written by me on 30/12/04

Verskoon my as ek bloei,
verstaan ek staan soms alleen.
niks is ooit die selfde in my brein.
Dit verander elke dag.
stories vorm duidelik om dit nodig is
omdat ek dit nodig het.
verskoon my as ek bloei
ons almal moet tog voel.

Excuse me if I bleed,
Understand I stand alone.
nothing is ever the same in my brain.
It changes everyday.
stories form clearly because it is needed.
because I need it so.
excuse me if I bleed
we all need to feel.

7 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

This image makes me think of "Saw III," which I watched last night. Good poem.

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

There's a song called "Hurt," which Johnny Cash covered the year before he died. "I Hurt Myself Today, To See If I Still Feel." Nice to see some early Etain. Peace out.

etain_lavena said...

That song was it not about his wife?
I cry everytime I hear that song it reminds me of how fragile my gran is now.....
Thanks Charles and Wayne for stopping by:)

Inconsequential said...

we leave little trails of blood wherever we take or broken selves.
and we're all broken somehow...

etain_lavena said...

Yes this is so true in....so very broken:)

Brian said...

Not always my friends, not always. Some times the hurt is so far inside that you can't see the bleeding.

etain_lavena said...

Some or other time it will survice:(