Wednesday, February 28, 2007

nothing


niks as ek le
ek struikel oor my woorde
vloed in my gees
ek is haat
ek is pyn
wie is jy om my te dreig?
as die wind gaan le
en die water word troebel
is slegs ek in die skadu
die pyn sal my neem
my hart ophou vat
ek kan nie meer huil
my hart ophou gee
ek is niks as ek le
die haat wat ons gee
die mens is die begin
die dier in ons een
jy jou swaap
jou skobejak
dink jy, jy kan wen?
jy verbeel jou in prag.

Nothing when I lie down
I stumble over my words
Flood in my soul
I am hate
I am pin
Who are you to threaten me?
When the wind lies down
And the water turns misty
Then only I am in the shadow
The pain will take me
My heart will stop taking
I cannot cry anymore
My heart stops giving
I am nothing when I lie down
I hate what we give
We started out human
We end up as animals
You are a coward
You are a thief
Do you think, do you think you can win?

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Nice lyrical flow to this piece.

Inconsequential said...

I know it sounds kinda picky...
but 'I am pin' ? Loved the whole piece, but keep drifting back to the pin, and wondering, should it be pain? yet the afrikaans says pyn, and that sounds looks like pin...

Oh well, you're the creator...
So I guess it's gonna be pin...

Brian said...

Powerful river of words in flood. I like this a lot.

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

I AGREE WITH CHARLES, ETAIN. YOUR LAST TWO LINES ARE DAGGERS IN MY EYES. SID MAY HAVE MENTIONED ANOTHER HEMISPHERE. MY BLOG IS THE ONLY THING GOING, COMPUTER BACK SOON. ATTEMPT TO REACH ME IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.

etain_lavena said...

its pain in....I did not see, you know when you read the word and you know what it suppose to be but you did not see the mistake....thats what happend I guess....sorry:)
Thanks charles.
Thanks Brain.
Thanks Wayne, I will check it out:)